Open Call for Submissions
The Sunderland Book Project is an ongoing book project that invites national and international artist’s, designers, bookmakers and printmakers to design and make an artist’s book, pamphlet, zine or comic inspired by the North East of Englands coastal city of Sunderland. Choose from the city’s rich history in seafaring, industrial heritage and glass making, (to name just a few) or document contemporary landmarks such as the Stadium of Light, University City and the Aquatic Centre boasting the only 50m swimming pool between Leeds and Edinburgh!
The aim of the project is to collect a wide range of unique interpretations of the city of Sunderland from around the world. The books will be exhibited in national and international venues, reflecting the cities international export tradition.
This is a touring exhibition and has strict guidelines.
- Work to be no larger than: 21x15x1cm
- The artist can choose the edition size, but must be a minimum of 3. The exhibition will require two copies for exhibition. The artist can retain the third copy for their records.
- Deadline for receipt of work Thursday 1st December 2011.
- The selectors decision is final
- To submit work, email email@example.com requesting a submission form or down load the application form at the bottom of this page.
- Suggested research: www.visitsunderland.com www.twmuseums.org.uk/sunderland